Flowstore Systems Ltd. are hiring for a Technical Sales position, apply today!
Organisation & Position
Flowstore Systems is an employee-owned business with an annual turnover of approximately £7m,
serving manufacturing, distribution and logistics industries across the UK and Europe.
Flowstore Systems is the market leader in the UK for the manufacture and supply of modular pipe
racking systems, used across the world by all the major manufacturers to aid and improve
manufacturing and assembly operations. All solutions are custom-designed and include flow racks,
workstations, assembly cells, storage and parts picking, transport carts and trolleys and visual
Through the practice and application of lean manufacturing and ergonomic design principles
Flowstore can eliminate waste from a manual handling process to deliver time, space and labour
savings with improved quality and safety.
The automotive manufacturers and their suppliers make up 65% of our business, with aerospace,
electronics and other engineering manufacturers making up 20%. The remaining 15% comes from a
wide range of industries, including medical, defence, rail, grocery, retail, logistics and distribution. The
company differentiates itself through its capability to deliver bespoke engineered solutions to all
customers, ranging from single workstations or trolleys for a small independent engineering workshop
to entire production and assembly lines some of the largest automotive, electronics and aerospace
manufactures in the world!
The company is based out in the UK at Cowley, near Heathrow in the UK, with approximately 50
employees serving the business in sales, purchasing, office administration, accounts, technical design
and production roles. The business is well structured and profitable with a stable workforce and a
commitment to capital investment when it is required.
Flowstore also has a manufacturing facility and sales operation servicing our customers in the Benelux
Established over 35 years ago, Flowstore Systems has a strong market presence, an outstanding
reputation for quality and reliability and a loyal customer base, including Toyota, Nissan, Jaguar Land
Rover, General Motors, Honeywell, Mitsubishi, etc.
Background To the Technical Sales Role
Due to a long period of sustained growth in the sales of the FlowTube pipe-racking system, the business
is seeking to strengthen its sales team covering the Northern part of the UK.
This is a technical sales role, requiring design of customised racking for manufacturing and assembly
operations, whilst delivering sales performance to meet set targets. The successful candidate will be
able to show that he or she has the capability to understand manufacturing processes across several
industries and apply lean manufacturing principals to their designs and proposals, developing existing
customers and winning new business. A high calibre sales professional with a record of new business
development is vital.
The route to market is almost entirely through direct sales to end users and Flowstore Systems is well
supported in terms of an established market presence, an excellent customer relationship
management database and support from a global network of manufacturers and companies working
in the same market.
Further information can be found at www.Flowstore.com
Technical Sales Job Description
- To work with customers to design the best materials handling solutions for their applications
- Achieve significant growth in sales and profits through personal achievement
- Develop existing customers and win new business from new customers
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Use CRM system and market knowledge to evaluate potential target customers
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Be responsible for your own diary and movement planning
- Majority of the working week to be on the road
- Identify new markets for current and new solutions
- Regular contact and joint visits to customers with field sales team
- Set up meetings between client decision-makers
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements, and working through differences
to a positive conclusion
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an
increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique
selling propositions and differentiators
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Reporting to Business development manager for the North and Midlands
Key Internal Relationships:
- Sales Director
- CAD & Technical Manager
- Sales Administration Leader
- Production Manager
- Ideally M62 area- Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool
The Technical Sales role is home-based, you will be travelling all over the North of England, following up leads,
designing, costing and preparing technical quotations.
Experience of lean manufacturing and kaizen principles in manufacturing and assembly operations,
(e.g., automotive, aerospace, electronics, engineering manufacture, medical equipment, etc.) is
essential. Experience with FlowTube pipe racking system, or similar system, highly desirable.
Candidates must have the ability to understand manufacturing processes how to identify waste and
improve these processes, communicating directly with customers and creating design solutions
through use of CAD or design software; experience of these are an asset, but basic PC literacy is
Previous sales experience is useful but not vital, however, an aptitude for selling and a strong desire
to succeed must be demonstrated. The key to success is the ability to produce solutions and assist
customers in achieving effective applications. Sales and product training will be provided.
This opportunity would suit someone wishing to develop their career into customer focused
technical support and sales from a strong lean manufacturing background.
Responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org